Girl Scout Day at the Ballet
May 9, 2020, AMES Center
New for 2020
Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased over the phone at 952-895-4680 or in person at the Ames Center box office. Tickets are not available for purchase online.
Twin Cities Ballet of Minnesota proudly presents “Girl Scout Day at the Ballet” on Saturday, May 9th, at 7:00pm at Ames Center in Burnsville – a short 20-minute drive from either Downtown Minneapolis and Downtown St.Paul, and features FREE parking.
This magical performance is a Girl Scout event, and will feature the full-length production of The Ruby Slippers: A Wizard of Oz Ballet, perfect for Girl Scout families and troops!
The "Girl Scout Day at the Ballet" will include:
- A behind the scenes look at The Ruby Slippers
- Meet the Artistic Directors
- Discounted tickets
- A private photo session with The Ruby Slippers: A Wizard of Oz Ballet cast members
- An exclusive, embroidered Nutcracker patch
- And a special STEM brochure created for this event to highlight the physics and mechanics of the art of Ballet
Who: Girl Scouts, Parents, Siblings, and Friends of the Girl Scouts
What: Twin Cities Ballet’s The Ruby Slippers: A Wizard of Oz Ballet
When: Saturday, May 9th, 2020 at 7:00pm
Where: Ames Center, 12600 Nicollet Ave. Burnsville, MN 55337
Cost: Balcony Seating: $20.00 per person, Orchestra Seating: $32.00-$36.00 per person
“Girl Scout Day at the Ballet” Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How can I purchase tickets for The Ruby Slippers: A Wizard of Oz Ballet?
All Girl Scout patrons interested in attending the show can purchase tickets over the phone and in person at the Ames Center box office. The phone number for the Ames Center box office is: 952-895-4680
PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for this performance are non-refundable.
2. Are tickets available to purchase online?
No; tickets will not be available to purchase online.
3. When is Girl Scout Day at the Ballet’s performance of The Ruby Slippers: A Wizard of Oz Ballet?
Saturday, May 9th, 2020 at 7:00pm.
4. Where is the performance?
Ames Center 12600 Nicollet Ave. Burnsville, MN 55337.
5. How much are the tickets?
Ticket prices are as follows: Balcony Seating $20.00 per person; Tier 1 Orchestra Seating $36.00 per person; Tier 2 Orchestra Seating $32.00 per person.
6. How long is The Ruby Slippers: A Wizard of Oz Ballet?
The ballet is 2 hours with a 20 minute intermission.
7. Is there free parking available at the Ames Center?
Yes! There is free parking at the Ames Center.
8. Will the tickets be mailed to me?
Tickets purchased over the phone can be mailed for a fee or left at Will Call. Tickets purchased in person, will be handed to the patron at time of purchase.
9. When do I receive the Girl Scout patches?
Girl Scout patches will be handed out following the ballet at special Girl Scout table.
10. Are there assigned seats?
Yes! All seats are assigned. Groups that wish to sit together must purchase their tickets at the same time. Additional tickets will be accommodated based on availability at that time.
11. Is Accessible Seating available?
Yes! Accessible seating is available, please inform the ticket office when purchasing your tickets if you need accessible seating.
12. Are there additional patches available for purchase?
Yes, additional patches are available in limited quantity at the Twin Cities Ballet Boutique. The Boutique is open during all performances of the ballet.
13. Can I take photos before or after the ballet?
Each Girl Scout will have the opportunity to take pictures with The Ruby Slippers: A Wizard of Oz Ballet dancers following the performance with your own camera or smart phone.
14. What do I do if the Girl Scout Day at the Ballet is sold out?
If you are interested in attending any of our other performances (Friday, May 7- Sunday, May 10) tickets are available in person at the Ames Center Box office, or via ticketmaster.com or 800-982-2787.
About the Ballet
TCB’s fresh take on the iconic tale is full of magic, humor and dynamic dancing.
This unique full-length production features an original adapted storyline, original musical compilation, and original choreography that ingeniously blends ballet, jazz, hip-hop and modern dance styles.
Join Dorothy and her friends on her journey of self discovery and adventure in this fun and approachable family-friendly event!
For full event details, see our FAQ section below!
Tickets on sale now!
Tickets can be purchased over the phone at 952-895-4680 or in person at the Ames Center box office. Tickets are not available for purchase online.
For more information on contacting the Ames Box Office CLICK HERE
PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for this event are non-refundable
We look forward to seeing you at the ballet!
HELP SUPPORT TCB
Interested in Donating?
To fund its operations, Twin Cities Ballet relies most of all on donations from private and corporate sponsors. Help keep TCB on Pointe! Your tax-deductible support is greatly appreciated.